Friday, May 23, 2014

MALAYSIAN MOM CROWNED AS MASTER CHEF UK



Ipoh born mom, chef Catherine Chin Wan Ping Coombes, has made Malaysian pround when she won UK MasterChef Champion 2014 on last Friday. 

Ping began with her take on won ton soup and followed it with Malaysian speciality nasi lemak, sambal prawns and chicken coated with Spanish crisps.

For dessert she served coconut panna cotta with compressed freeze died mango, with charred pineapple, pineapple air and a coconut tuile.

She described it as a celebration of "Malaysian flavours".

Prime Minister, Najib Razak congratulated her in his twittter - well done UK Masterchef @WanPingCoombes! Malaysian flavours and talent are truly world class."

During the cook off Ping said: "I'm going to cook my heart out, I'm going to cook my soul out. I'm going to give it everything I have.

"I need to focus and give my best performance."

No comments:

Post a Comment